RNB State Bank is looking for a CSR to join our growing team!
We offer competitive pay, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, 401K and a bonus program.
Summary: Opens new accounts, sells Bank products, answers customer questions, resolves account problems and serves customers in an efficient, timely and courteous manner by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer services as outlined in the Bank’s New Account Standards guidelines.
- Explains the different types of products available to customers and suggests the most appropriate one for their needs.
- Establishes proper identification of customer and completes necessary forms requiring customer’s signature.
- Inputs new account information or data changes into the on-line system.
- Takes orders for checks and deposit slips.
- Answers telephone calls regarding accounts.
- Mails necessary documents to customers requesting to open a new account or change an existing account.
- Assists customers with online banking questions and enrollments.
- Maintains monthly records of all accounts opened and closed.
- Performs all functions related to Safe Deposit Boxes.
- Processes stop/hold payment orders, applies charges and notifies other departments.
- Assists customers in balancing their DDA accounts.
- Processes a variety of transactions using own judgment within limits regarding the validity of transactions presented.
- Refers questionable transactions to Teller Supervisor.
- Receives checking and savings deposits, verifies cash and endorsements, and issues receipts.
- Accepts checks for cashing or paying, verifies endorsement, validity and availability of funds.
- Pays withdrawals after verifying balance and signatures.
- Receives installment loan payment sand issues receipts.
- Sells Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, gift cards and reloadable cards.
- Processes mail deposits, night drop, and ATM deposits which are opened under dual control.
- Transfers funds and performs balance inquiries for customers using the on-line system.
- Promotes Bank services and cross-sells Bank products.
Nonessential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains proper level of new account kits.
- Prints new accounts reports from Director.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
RNB State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer