Front Range State Bank is looking for an Operations Supervisor to join our growing team!
Summary: Efficiently operates the New Accounts /Teller departments and provides quality customer service by performing the following duties:
Essential Teller Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs all Paying and Receiving teller functions.
- Ensures that vault cash is maintained at the minimum level to serve anticipated customer needs. Responsible for selling money or buying money from the Fed. Ensures that vault cash is balanced daily and is always maintained under dual control.
- Reviews large dollar items presented at the teller windows and reports suspected kiting or unusual items to the Operations Officer.
- Periodically reviews operational procedures for efficiency and accuracy and makes the necessary changes for improvement wherever needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a supply of Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks, Gift Cards and general-Purpose Reloadable cards in the vault storage area.
- Reviews and assists in the audits of general ledger accounts associated with collections in transit and the general ledger account associated with food coupons.
- Periodically reviews CTRs and night depository agreements, insuring validity of each.
- Reviews and research teller offages.
- Performs monthly cash draw audits, vault audits and alarm checks.
Essential New Account Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with Customer Service Representative duties as necessary
- Reviews reports related to compliance with Reg E and Reg D, sends letters and advises officers.
- Cross-sells ACH origination service and maintains ACH origination contracts and documentation.
- Responsible for conducting all remote deposit capture setup and annual reviews including some travel for site visits.
- Responsible for conducting all HEMP account setup and annual reviews including some travel for site visits.
- Periodically reviews operational procedures for improvement wherever needed.
- Prepares Board Reports relating to the New Accounts Department.
- Responsible for Reg E disputes.
- Responsible for merchant accounts.
- Places holds on funds on large teller transactions and places holds on new accounts suspected of kiting.
- Reviews and follows up with outgoing document log monthly.
- Reviews TCD EIM Non post and makes necessary entries to General Ledger.
- Prepares rate comparison for the monthly ALCO committee meetings and completes a monthly rate sheet.
- Reviews all new accounts for accuracy.
- Directly supervises Teller Line / New Account Department employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Provides daily staff guidance and motivation.
- Completes and reviews employee evaluations.
- Recommends salary changes, disciplinary actions, and problem resolution.
- Schedules time off and work schedule among staff.
- Responsible for conducting branch meetings among Teller Line / New Account Department employees.
- Assists in maintaining proper staffing levels within budgetary constraints.
- Responsible for training teller/ new accounts staff capable of effectively and efficiently perform departmental duties.
- Provides on-going training on product knowledge, sales skills, and operational compliance issues.
- Interviews and hires potential applicants.
Nonessential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes Bank services and cross-sells Bank products.
- Prepares for New Accounts promotions.
- Prepares Board Reports relating to the Teller Department.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel software as well as general computer knowledge.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Salary Range: $35,000-$60,000 depending upon experience
Front Range State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer