RNB State Bank is looking for a Loan Clerk to join our growing team!
We offer competitive pay, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, 401K and a bonus program.
Position: : Maintains a combination of installment loans, commercial/agricultural loans and real estate loans by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General office work such as filing, recording accurate phone messages, typing letters and documents, scheduling appointments, cheerfully greeting customers, and provides notary services. Use of computer equipment and programs is included.
- Enters new loans; performs maintenance on existing loans; makes appropriate general ledger entries, reviews new loan files for correct and complete documentation.
- Prepares wire transfers to participating banks, advances on purchased/sold loans and individual customers.
- Advances and pays down lines upon customer request and officer approval and construction advances for allocated funds. Assists customers with routine inquiries.
- Books loans, extensions, change in terms and performs maintenance on loans and portfolios.
- Mails loan notices to customers after officer approval including DDL and Line of Credit Advance notices.
- Changes interest rates as needed for variable rate loans in accordance to prime rate and certificate of deposit index changes.
- Processes paid off loan files.
- Courteously greets customers in Lobby and on the telephone assisting customers with routine inquiries.
- Processes credit reports.
- Orders Flood Determinations at lender’s instructions.
- Prepares loan documents and correspondence at direction of loan officers.
- Files and records UCC/EFS and Mortgage documents with appropriate State and County entities.
- Receives and processes loan payments and payoffs.
- Monitors the consumer loan insurance requirements. Maintains and updates the consumer insurance report.
- Provides notary service.
- Assists customers with blue book values of vehicles using the NADA Guide program.
- Acts as back up to other Loan Assistants in performing daily duties.
- Records and places loan collateral in appropriate collateral box.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists officers and support staff when needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Spreadsheet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
The RNB State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer